Monday, May 4, 2009

up up and ...stuck?

Lately I've been feeling really frustrated for a variety of reasons. For one, I've been studying abroad in Spain since January, and I'm trying to figure out what the appeal is. I mean, there's definitely an appeal - I love being abroad (if only my loved one could be here with me - and of course I miss my family, too), but what's the difference between living in southern Spain, and living (for example) in the south of the US Obviously there's a difference, but people always say that "this part or that part of the US is like a foreign country." Hans says that you should know were you come from first, and the truth is, I really agree, and having said that, I don't really know why I don't know it well at all. But think I can say that (and I know it sounds cheesy) I've definitely learned a lot about my home by leaving it. And why is it that when I am home, I rarely take any photographs, despite my intense love of photography, but when I'm abroad my camera rarely lasts longer than a day from (over?) use. My dad's talked about this before, and I really like this idea of photographing where you're from and trying to see it through other eyes.1. 30, 2. Djemaa el Fna, 3. art street, 4. Maersk, 5. si supuestamente esto era para siempre, 6. Chefchaouen, Morocco, 7. Fes, Morocco, 8. Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment