Wednesday, January 6, 2010

roma: primo amore




I love this post from Milk, although I cannot honestly say that I speak a word of Swedish. (I so want to!) The second image especially draws me, throwing me into a furious bout of déjà vu...

I love wandering through Rome and people-watching all the people who are people-watching out their windows. I love weaving my way down Via del Corso, crossing back and forth from Piazza del  Popolo all the way down to Piazza Venezia. Alternating between streets so completely packed with people and tourists and others that remain utterly empty. Just as in the second photograph. With the sheets hanging from the sides of the buildings and the shutters left open the streets take on a strange movement in their silent stillness.

1 comment:

  1. I completely and utterly love these photos. Oh, how I would love to go to Rome. One day...sooner rather than later, I hope!

    ReplyDelete